quinta-feira, 24 de setembro de 2026

Promiss

 Sometimes I want

a mild, monotonous day,

with monosyllables

n my monologue—

easy to understand,

"yes" and "no" in my life.

With little emotion,

without a prologue of suffering.


I want no dreams

nor fantasies,

I want only the night and the day.

Wthout so many stars,

I want few verses—

just your sun-like face

imprinted

upon my universe.


I want your gaze

in the falling rain;

the storm passes

and the world's darkness

fades away.


From where I come,

to where I go,

I want your smile around me;

I want your laughter

in the rhythm of the waterfall

on that mild day of mine.


You, the light of my day,

the water that quenches my thirst—

without dreams, without fantasies—

days that form the rosary

life has given me.


My picture on the wall,

motionless beauty

that never fades,

that holds my gaze,

that defines the limits

of my entire existence—

like the air I breathe,

in which I live and die.

to which I surrender,

and which binds me to life.


Delight me with your life—

eternal, ephemeral,

sad or joyful;

take me with you

through all the time I have,

whether light or heavy.


And if I should vanish

unexpectedly,

believe me: I will break the spell

and reappear—to your joy

or your tears;

I will not leave you sad or alone

in this world,

cast aside in some corner.

For now,

I only promise

but I keep my word.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Thanks

 A gradeço o carinho da sua visita... Visitam este blog Brasil, Estados Unidos, Israel, França, Portugal, Antilhas Holandesas, Alemanha, Geo...